Fixed Asset and Inventory Accountant
Job no: 591066
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Categories: Accounting, Audit and Finance
As the Fixed Assets and Inventory Accountant, you will be responsible for all aspects of fixed assets, small tools and inventory accounting for the University. Be responsible for recording and reclassifying assets and construction in progress into correct category, controlling university’s assets and organizing asset stocktake annually to ensure the consistence of physical count and ledger figure.
Leadership and stakeholder management
- Develop and maintain a culture of integrity, continuous improvement and high performance through daily activities with a focus on increasing process efficiency.
- Lead and deliver Asset and Inventory training program for the finance as well as non-finance staff.
- Develop, foster, and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead, co-ordinate and deliver relevant training programs for RMIT staff. Document and train fixed asset and inventory procedures (for example depreciation policies, obsolescence reviews), ensuring that they are understood and consistently applied across the University.
Fixed Assets and Inventory Management
- Ensure and maintain records in accounting system for fixed assets, small tools and inventory for University ensuring that the relevant balance sheet positions are reconciled to individual line item analyses.
- Ensure that all assets are proper recorded into correct categories and managed in compliance with VAS, local tax & the University’s policies. Work closely with Property Services, Procurement and Digital Innovation Services to ensure newly assets purchased are tagged and delivered to the correct departments and locations.
- Process the payments to vendors for construction and purchase of fixed assets, small tools and inventory.
- Responsible for monthly depreciation of fixed assets, amortisation of small tools, inventory allocation and record to the proper General accounts. Support the Accounting team in the monthly closing process through the timely and complete provision of information of fixed asset, small tool and inventory positions.
- Manage asset physical count as set schedule, reconciliation between actual and book; any discrepancy must be analysed and proposed to solve in accordance with accounting standard and University policy
- Manage and verify to assets’ owners on assets disposal process and transfer between departments.
- Provide support to Finance Team, Project Leads, and Team Manager to evaluate, analyse, and document capital project spending and organize for capitalization.
- Monitor internal and external audit queries as required, promptly addressing any control issues raised.
- Responsible for annual reports of fixed assets and small tools to Head office for group consolidation.
- Produce error-free, timely fixed asset and inventory reports and presenting their results in accordance with our established schedule to assets’ owners for confirmation, justification and verification.
- Responsible monthly reports on construction spending and capital expenditures.
Control and Compliance
- Evaluate, improve and maintain processes for fixed asset and inventory management.
- Identify spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Ensure tax consolidation integrity is maintained and ensure that analyses required by the tax team to meet regulatory filing obligations are provided complete and on time.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Good background and working knowledge in accounting environment in a medium to large multi-national organisation (at least 3 years’ experience in similar position).
- Demonstrated experience in using and applying accounting principles and standards, tax laws and regulations and internal control with focus in fixed assets and inventory management.
- Ability to support the preparation financial statements and note disclosures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) focus on fixed asset and inventory.
- Ability to work independently and within a team with a flexible approach to the work environment. Ability to work under pressure and prioritise completing demands.
- Process oriented, including designing, implementing, maintaining, and executing on strong processes. Focus on the end-users of the process
- Ability to communicate, and guide, clearly in an international environment
- Commit to a high quality customer service approach within the workplace.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in using Accounting software such as Sun system and/or standard Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Microsoft Word.
To be eligible for this position you must be a Vietnamese citizen. Applications received from non-Vietnamese candidates will not be considered.
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from VND 21,600,000 VND gross per month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependents after a qualifying period
TO FIND OUT MORE
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
Finance_Asset Accountant_evaluated HR2019.07.docx
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at Upper intermediate level (Linguaskill score 160), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.0. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a Linguaskill test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close on 6 October 2020
Application close: 06 Oct 2020 11:55 PM SE Asia Standard Time
production Shift leaderMondelēz InternationalJob Description Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International? Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride. In this9 hour agoShareBình Dương
Trưởng Bộ phận Lễ Tân (Front Office Manager)Công Ty TNHH Odk Mikazuki Việt NamMô tả công việc: (Mức lương: Thỏa thuận)To ensure SOPs are in line and followed by the team To welcome arriving and14 hour agoShareÐà Nẵng
Project Manager - Gender JusticeOxfam in VietnamOxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save,15 hour agoShareViệt Nam
Logistics Operation Staff Main WarehousingAZ STAFF VN CO. LTDLàm việc tại: Hồ Chí Minh , Quận 1 Mức lương: 10,000,000 vnđ - 13,000,000 vnđ month Kinh nghiệm16 hour agoShareThành phố Hồ Chí Minh
Supply Chain Leader - Vietnamese onlyIntrepid GroupResponsibilities:Monitor inventory and work with internal teams on demand forecasting and replenishment planning Manage all operations related process documentation and18 hour agoShareThành phố Hồ Chí Minh