The Opportunity - MEAL Officer
The MEAL Officer is responsible to monitor and measure the project’s outputs, outcomes and impacts are achieved according to the agreed indicators, to facilitate capturing lessons learned in the implementation of different project activities and ensure lessons learned are integrated in program or project development, contribute in establishing feedback mechanism to gather information from beneficiaries and partners concerning their views about our program.
Key Area 1: Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Provide support in developing project logframe during proposal development, particularly in identifying indicators of achievement
- Support development of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) plan and tools/approaches for project monitoring which comply with SCI Essential Standard on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) in close consultation with MEAL Manager, DPDQA, Program Teams and other MEAL Officers.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are undertaken as planned
- Provide technical support to Save the Children and local partners staff regarding MEAL activities to ensure quality data collection in a timely manner
- Support the MEAL Manager in implementation of assessments and surveys, including baseline, end-line, and KAP surveys
- Undertake field visits to monitor progress and support monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support MEAL Manager and program teams in collection of information for program KPIs.
Key Area 2: Accountability:
- Work closely with Program Teams to ensure all staff in the country programme, including partner staff, fully understand and promote accountability in general and to children in particular, through training and coaching.
- Work with Program Teams in formalizing beneficiaries and partners feedback mechanism in order to address any complaints they may raise concerning project implementation and/or support for investigation of the any significant complaints when needed.
- Based on the results of investigation, make appropriate recommendation to concerned line of manager how to respond to any significant complaint.
Key Area 3: Learning:
- Promote learning throughout the organisation, particularly on issues of programme quality, policy analysis and advocacy.
- Provide support to program staff when needed, to organize lessons learned workshop during project implementation or during end of project
- Co-ordinate with programme staff to ensure that lessons learned are properly documented and are incorporated into programme implementation and design.Participate in designing and implementation of studies, assessments, researches and learning in coordination and cooperation with program staff.
- Other tasks required by supervisor
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics, Economics, Business administration, Epidemiology, Mathematics, Science or Information Technology
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in M&E field, particularly experience in methodologies, developing logframes and result frameworks.
- Ability to work with MS Excel; experience in MS Access and SPSS will be advantageous
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven experience in programme monitoring, review and evaluation, including setting of indicators and collection, analysis and presentation of data relating to programme work;
- Quick learner with ability to think strategically and creatively;
- Ability to provide technical support/inputs in developing and implementing MEAL
- Excellent ability to meet tight deadlines accurately and on time
- Able to write and speak in English and Vietnamese
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI mission, values and principles including rights-based approaches
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=200003Y3&tz=GMT%2B07%3A00&tzname=Asia%2FSaigon
Closing Date for Application: 19th August, 2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.Job Details Organisation Name: Save the Children Location: Hanoi Application Deadline: Wed, 2020-08-19
Trưởng Bộ phận Lễ Tân (Front Office Manager)Công Ty TNHH Odk Mikazuki Việt NamMô tả công việc: (Mức lương: Thỏa thuận)To ensure SOPs are in line and followed by the team To welcome arriving and13 hour agoShareÐà Nẵng
Nhân Viên Chăm Sóc Khách Hàng/Customer Care OfficerCông ty TNHH Speak up Viet NamMô tả công việc: (Mức lương: Thỏa thuận) . Customer Services / Dịch vụ khách hàngCoordinate13 hour agoShareCần Thơ
Readiness Program OfficerEmbassy of Canada to VietnamREADINESS PROGRAM OFFICER – LE07 Competition Number: HANOI-RPO-LE07-OCT Position title: Readiness Program Officer Section: Common Services Location: Embassy of1 day agoShareHà Nội
Nhân Viên Xuất Nhập KhẩuSumitomo NACCO Forklift Vietnam Co., Ltd.Mô tả công việc: (Mức lương: Thỏa thuận)Có kiến thức về xuất nhập khẩu,1 day agoShareHà Nội
Project Management SpecialistUSAIDUSAID CCN/TCN PSC The United States Embassy in Hanoi, Vietnam is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Project Management Specialist1 day agoShareHà Nội